Mouth odour (Halitosis) is a health problem that results in having a bad breath.
Do you have bad breath or mouth odour? Worry no more because after reading this article you will find a remedy to your problem.
Mouth odour (Halitosis) is a condition in which the mouth smells while talking and this causes a lot of distress, disappointment and embarrassment to the person involved. Mouth odour or bad breath can also be called fetor oris.
Causes of Halitosis
There are quite a number of the causes of mouth odour
- Tobacco: Tobacco intake is not advised because it causes gum damage and increases the chances of having bad breath.
- Food: Food such as garlic or onion causes bad breath, although this last for a while. Food left in the mouth will also be acted upon by bacteria and this definitely causes bad breath.
- Dry mouth: Naturally, the mouth are not suppose to be dry, so dint leave your mouth dry because it is another way of having a bad breath.
- Drugs: Much intake of drugs can cause bad breath, it happens that when drugs are broken down, it releases some odour and if not well taken care of can result to mouth odour.
- Disease: Diseases associated with cancer, liver etc can cause bad breath because they contain mixture of chemicals.
In other to treat mouth odour, oral hygiene is advised. These tips below can be of immensely help when dealing with bad odour.
- Brushing: It is advised to brush the teeth at least twice a day; it helps keep the teeth and the tongue clean. And again when brushing, use a fluoride toothpaste; it kills the bacterial in the teeth.
- Floss: Flossing is the use of teeth threads to remove food particles left in between the teeth.
- Clean denture: Make sure you change your tooth brush after 2-3 mouths, always keep them clean and if possible rinse it with warm water before using it to brush.
- Avoid dry mouth: Please drink plenty of water, also avoid too much alcohols and tobacco products; because they dehydrate the mouth and it can result to mouth odour.
- Diet: Avoid heavy spicy foods, sugary foods because they are not good for the teeth, they weaken the gum and makes the prone to disease and results to mouth odour.
Note: when you do all these and the bad breath still continues, please visit your doctor for immediate tests and treatment.